Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Around The House

What an amazing morning it is here.  The sun is shining and there is the most perfect breeze blowing in through the kitchen window.  Today I wanted to share with you a few of my favourite spots around the house.  The first spot is at the top of the 2nd floor landing.  This whole floor is dedicated to the kids; their rooms, their toys, their playroom....
and their art.  I have chosen to display these fantastic canvases that the kids have done over the years above this simple Ikea cabinet that houses DVD's + Blurays.  The lamp has moved with me from house to house and was made by my grandfather from an old bottle of Vat 69 whiskey.
This is one of the bookshelves in Olivia's room.  She is an avid collector of nearly everything and although at times it drives me round the bend, I love how passionate she is for all things small.
This butterfly mobile is a new addition to the house.  My mum recently returned from a 2 week cruise through the Panama Canal and she brought this back for Olivia.  I love the simple design of the butterflies and the easy neutral tones of the shell.  This is something I'm sure Olivia will cherish her whole life and a piece that she can always display no matter her age or her living arrangements...

No comments:

Post a Comment