Thursday, June 10, 2010

How My Garden Grows

So, as I mentioned last night, I did a bit of experimenting yesterday with the new camera outside.  I didn't have a very large window of opportunity because the majority of the day was a sopping wet mess but what I was able to get I am really happy with.  
The garden itself is quite small and as I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I stay away from any delicate flowers because of all the sports action that the backyard gets.  I've planted some fresh herbs, two strawberry plants as well as a tomato + cucumber plant.  So far everything is doing really well with very little tending to.

This magnificent rose bush was here when we bought the house and so it has stayed and is doing brilliantly!  It is covered with so many blossoms right now all the most vivid shade of pink.  It's such a refreshing pop of colour in a mostly green backyard.



All of these photos were taken with the new camera and I have left them completely un-retouched or enhanced, cropped etc.  This is what I got from my first real foray out and about with the Canon...I am inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment