Thursday, March 4, 2010

New Creative Outlet

(I'll move the cat before I sew - I promise!)
 I have just been given my first sewing machine!  (Well, it was actually about a month ago but I have yet to give it a go).
I am beyond excited but also a bit nervous because I haven't touched one since home- ec in grade school (oh my!)
I have been scouring the web for beginner projects and helpful tips to get me started.  I have been overwhelmed!  There are so many amazing and informative sites out there, I feel like I could spend the next year just reading before I even thread my machine.  I've decided on this for a couple of reasons: I like cuddly things and easter is coming up.  Now, I know it might be easier for me to start with a pillowcase but I think this little guy is too cute!
image via Purl Bee
I'm off this morning to get some supplies and am hoping to carve out a bit of time this weekend to try my hand at this.  
Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how exciting! I desperately want to sew more- the last time I did was in "Family studies" in grade 8- same situation as you! I hope that it goes well, I am excited to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete