Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Magical Backyard

I feel so much better since my Pilates class this morning (I just started last week and I honestly don't know what's taken me so long to try it - it's awesome!).  Thanks for sticking with me...
source unknown
I've spent some time today conjuring up a landscape plan for our backyard (it leaves a bit to be desired right now) and was inspired to create a magical nook for the kids.  Max may not get as much use of it as Liv will but I imagine he'll enjoy it in his own way.  We don't have a ton of room but I am determined to make the most of it!
I happened upon this site earlier and found the most amazing products to indulge my 'fairy garden' idea.  I would love to build a small playhouse outside since we don't have the space for a swing-set.  It would do double duty as it could also function for toy/sports equipment storage in the winter!  We could add fun accents such as this elfin door and bird feeder.  Perhaps some twinkle lights and painted stepping stones that the kids make would be ideal as well.  I think this would be a fun project to do over the next month or so; dreaming up new and exciting things to add to entice fairy creatures to our yard!  
last 3 images via Hearth Song
  My brother and I had 60 acres of playground growing up and it was everything from Little House on the Prairie to the far corners of the galaxy for us.  Some of my fondest childhood memories take place in that yard and I'm hoping to create the same thing for my kids, on a much smaller scale!
Did you have your own backyard hideout as a kid or have you helped create one for your children.  I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment