Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Terrariums

I have a bit of a thing for terrariums.  There is something kind of magical about how they create their own little microcosmic eco-systems and can go nearly unattended for long periods of time.  I am looking to start our own terrarium at home to show the kids how we can create our very own little miniature, self-sustained environment in a jar!  It is completely facsinating and can be so beautiful.  I'll keep you posted on our progress...step one is to find the perfect container...
via flickr

1 comment:

  1. I just love all of these terrariums. As a kid, we had a ton of them in our house and always though they made the most amazing little worlds. My sister and I used to catch bugs and small snakes to put in them and make them a little more 'alive'.

    ReplyDelete